What is Futsal?
Futsal is a variant of soccer, mainly played indoors and is played between two teams of 5 players. The sport is played worldwide and is the only form of indoor soccer recognized by FIFA. The game is also played with a slightly smaller ball than soccer’s (size 4). The sport places more emphasis on ball control, passing, technique, and dribbling due to the smaller parameters of the game. Many professional soccer players played futsal when growing up. Below are some comparisons to soccer’s rules & regulations.
Futsal (Five-a-Side Soccer)
- #4 Ball – 30% less bounce
- 5 players
- Unlimited “flying” substitutions (12 Players on a Team)
- Stopped Clock
- 20 minute halves
- 1 timeout per half
- Goal Clearance (throw)
- No shoulder charges or sliding tackles
- 4-second rule on restarts
- No Offside Rule
- No restrictions, but limited to 4 seconds
- Goalkeeper cannot touch by hand a ball played back
- One back pass to Goalkeeper
- Player sent off can be substituted for after 2 minutes or other has scored
- Corner kick placed on corner
Spring Thaw Futsal Tournament
$200 per team
Guaranteed 3 games
- Age groups include U10, U12, U14, U16, and U18
- Teams will be divided into groups of 4, round robin games, top 2 teams in each group will advance to the playoffs.
- Games will be two 20 minute halves.
To Register a team go to: